Heat on your hair can leave it dry, damaged, and fried. But skipping the blowdryer or straightener isn’t always an option. The good news is that you can easily craft your heat protectant spray at home with just a few simple ingredients.
A DIY heat protectant for hair helps shield hair from the damaging effects of hot tools. This allows you to style hair with heat while avoiding unnecessary breakage. Making your DIY heat protectant for hair at home is a viable and effective alternative, offering a natural, personalised approach to hair care. This blog explores why using a heat protectant is so important. We’ll also cover how to make your own using ingredients you likely already have at home.
Any time you expose your hair to heat tools like curling irons, straighteners, or blowdryers, you risk damage.
The high heat applied can boil moisture out of the hair cuticle.
All this leads to a dry and lacklustre appearance of your hair. Herein lies the importance of a heat protectant for hair.
Creating your own heat protectant at home is cost-effective and allows you to use natural, hair-friendly ingredients. Here are 7 DIY solutions and simple steps to create them:
Ingredients: Pure aloe vera gel and distilled water.
The soothing gel from the aloe plant is around 95-99% water. This makes it an exceptional moisturiser and hydrator for hair. The remaining 1% contains vitamins, minerals, enzymes, sugars, and more that nourish strands.
Ingredients: Argan oil and distilled water.
These antioxidant-rich oils penetrate the hair cortex to reinforce and protect.
Ingredients: Jojoba oil, lavender essential oil, and distilled water.
The jojoba oil provides heat protection, while lavender adds a soothing fragrance and additional scalp benefits.
Ingredients: Shea butter and olive oil.
Ingredients: Green tea and honey.
Steps: Brew a strong green tea and add a teaspoon of honey. Once cooled, transfer to a spray bottle. This antioxidant-rich spray is perfect for protecting hair from heat damage.
Ingredients: Almond oil and Vitamin E oil.
Ingredients: Rosewater and vegetable glycerin.
Making your own heat protectant for hair at home can cater to the exact formula for your hair’s unique needs. You’ll also save money without skimping on quality ingredients that help safeguard strands. These easy-to-make recipes ensure that your hair remains protected, hydrated, and healthy, even with regular use of heat styling tools.
Professional hair stylists, particularly those specialising in bridal hair Edinburgh, underscore the significance of heat protection, especially in the context of wedding preparations where extensive styling is often involved. These experts often advocate using natural, nourishing ingredients, citing their long-term benefits for hair health. Their endorsement of DIY solutions, especially for occasions as important as weddings, lends credibility to the effectiveness of these homemade alternatives.
The efficacy of your DIY heat protectant for hair hinges on its proper application. To ensure optimal results, consider these tips:
A heat protectant for hair is an indispensable part of any hair care routine, particularly for those who frequently use heat styling tools. By crafting your own DIY solutions, you provide your hair with the best possible protection and benefit from these homemade recipes’ natural, nourishing ingredients.
For those seeking further guidance and expertise in hair care, especially for special events like weddings, The Bride Side is an excellent resource, offering a wealth of information and professional services. Our expert bridal hair stylist Edinburgh will give you the best hair look for your special day!